A building inspector said the sewage system appeared to have triggered the disaster, but a full technical investigation would be carried out.”The death toll in the building collapse rose (from 11 on Thursday) to 16, after five more bodies were pulled out of the rubble today,” Salma Kauser, a senior health official in Karachi, told AFP.An official at the Abbasi Shaheed hospital confirmed the toll.Rehan Hashmi, a senior municipal official, said the army had been deployed to help with the rescue and recovery mission. “Seven people are still missing, but it is premature to say whether they were trapped under the debris or not,” Hashmi said.Narrow alleyways have restricted the access of heavy machinery to the disaster site, meaning much of the rubble is being cleared manually.Authorities have sealed off the area, with soldiers standing guard and blocking curious onlookers in the city’s central district.Roof and building collapses are common across Pakistan mainly because of poor safety standards and shoddy construction materials in the South Asian country of 200 million. Topics : Pakistani rescuers using their bare hands searched Friday for seven people missing after an apartment building collapsed, as more bodies were pulled from the rubble, taking the death toll to 16. Soldiers have been deployed to help in the search efforts after a five-story building and two adjoining houses collapsed in the port city of Karachi on Thursday. The residential building had been constructed as a four-story complex, but another floor was added about a year ago, in violation of construction rules, officials said earlier.
The British government had a contingency plan for Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s death as his condition deteriorated while he battled COVID-19 last month in intensive care, Johnson said in an interview with The Sun newspaper.Johnson returned to work on Monday, a month after testing positive for COVID-19. Johnson, 55, spent 10 days in isolation in Downing Street from late March, but was then was taken to London’s St Thomas’ Hospital where he received oxygen treatment and spent three nights in intensive care.”They had a strategy to deal with a ‘death of Stalin’-type scenario,” Johnson, 55, was quoted as saying by The Sun. “It was a tough old moment, I won’t deny it.” After Johnson was discharged, St Thomas’ said it was glad to have cared for the prime minister, but the hospital has given no details about the gravity of his illness beyond stating that he was treated in intensive care.Read also: Boris Johnson leaves hospitalJohnson and his fiancée, Carrie Symonds, on Saturday announced the name of their newly born son as Wilfred Lawrie Nicholas, partly as a tribute to two of the intensive care doctors who they said had saved Johnson’s life.”The doctors had all sorts of arrangements for what to do if things went badly wrong,” Johnson said of his COVID-19 battle. “The bloody indicators kept going in the wrong direction.”He said doctors discussed invasive ventilation.”The bad moment came when it was 50-50 whether they were going to have to put a tube down my windpipe,” he said. “That was when it got a bit . . . they were starting to think about how to handle it presentationally.” Topics :
Google The Indonesian stock market rebounded on Monday, the first day of the reimposition of large-scale social restrictions (PSBB) to contain COVID-19 in Jakarta, after the market crash last week, as investor optimism was restored as a result of the limited impact of the measures on businesses.The Jakarta Composite Index (JCI), the main gauge of the Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX), climbed by 2.89 percent to 5,161.82 against the previous trading day, continuing last Friday’s rally of 2.56 percent.The market uptrend offset the dramatic plunge of 5.01 percent last Thursday, the lowest since March, to 4,891.46, which led to a half-hour trading halt as investors engaged in a panic sell-off. The market crash was sparked by the initial announcement of the reintroduction of PSBB amid the continuous rise in COVID-19 cases.“Surprisingly, the measures in this reimposition of the P… Facebook stock-market IDX JCI rebound Crash COVID-19 consumer-goods Forgot Password ? Linkedin Log in with your social account LOG INDon’t have an account? Register here Topics :
12 Alicia St Nundah. Picture: SuppliedA THREE bedroom renovator in Brisbane’s middle ring was so popular two buyers were waiting in the wings in case the deal fell over.Real estate agent Julie Cameron of @Realty said the home at 12 Alicia Street, Nundah, sold for $570,000, with the area in high demand amid rapid gentrification and popularity with downsizers. 12 Alicia Street, Nundah sold for $570,000.Her most recent Nundah sale at 12 Alicia Street was a three bedroom, one bathroom, three car space home, which was in a quiet cul-de-sac.The brick post war home was on a level 607sqm block with 15.8m frontage and 40.1m length, and zoned low medium residential density. 12 Alicia St Nundah.“It was a good result because it’s a renovator but it’s in a good suburb and 607sq m,” she said. “It’s got quite a lot of potential for development. The buyer plans to fully renovate it, extend and move in.”Ms Cameron said they had five offers hovering around the mid $500,000s, two of whom were “waiting for it to fall over”.More from newsFor under $10m you can buy a luxurious home with a two-lane bowling alley5 Apr 2017Military and railway history come together on bush block24 Apr 2019 12 Alicia Street, Nundah.“In Nundah you have the older folks moving out and younger ones moving in. It’s part of a trend, a little bit like Hendra was years ago. Hendra was always the poorer suburb, with older character homes, a little bit of snobbishness against it from Ascot and the like, and now they’re achieving over $1M. That’s gone through the roof.“I can see Banyo, Nudgee, Virginia and the like starting. I get $400,000 for a 400sq m block in those areas now – that was unheard of two or three years ago. It all boils down to supply and demand.” 12 Alicia Street, Nundah.“We had a tenant in there who didn’t want to move out because they loved it.”The buyer agreed to wait 60 days for the tenants to move out with the deal settling last week.Ms Cameron said she was seeing a rush of buyers looking for properties in the Nundah area.
They need a total of 100 million euros to meet FFP regulations, not to mention any signings they want to make. And it appears the 28-year-old has a clause that would allow clubs to sign him for 30 million. Read Also:Iheanacho’s coach raises alarm, says Leicester players showing signs of coronavirus Leicester have a long term interest in the player, while West Ham United are also circling. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Leicester City are being linked with a move for Porto star Moussa Marega. Promoted ContentWorld’s Most Delicious FoodsYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeThe Best Cars Of All TimeTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All Time10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do9 Actors Who Stay Famous For That One Movie They Did 10 Years Ago8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?Best & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s Hysterical The Malian has scored nine goals in 33 games this season, but he may have fallen out with the club. A Bola in Portugal suggests that Porto need money, and they want to sell Marega in the summer to fund their own spending.Advertisement
Calinao allegedly used a screw driver tostab Maripusa. He was arrested and detained in the lockup cell of the SantaBarbara police station./PN The 34-year-old resident James Calinaoattacked the 45-year-old Erwin Maripusa around 10:45 p.m. on Dec. 21, policesaid. ILOILO City – A man was wounded afterhis drinking buddy stabbed him in Barangay Inangayan, Santa Barbara, Iloilo. It was however not immediately clearwhat triggered the altercation. Maripusa sustained a stab wound on theleft side of the body. He was brought to the Western Visayas SanitariumHospital in Santa Barabara for medical treatment.
RelatedPosts Vidal lands in Milan to complete move from Barca to Inter Barca president Bartomeu says he won’t go to war anymore with Messi Bale completes Tottenham return from Real Madrid Lionel Messi scored twice for Barcelona as they ended their La Liga campaign with a resounding 5-0 win at Alavés, easing the pain of their midweek home defeat to Osasuna.Teenage forward Ansu Fati put Barça in front midway through the first half after the visitors had already hit the woodwork three times. Messi rounded the keeper to make it two and Luis Suárez added a third before half-time, against opponents who had secured top-flight survival on Thursday by beating Real Betis.Defender Nelson Semedo scored a fourth early in the second half before Messi struck again, sweeping home for his 25th league goal of the season.The Argentinian is four goals clear of Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema and almost certain to win the Pichichi top scorer award for a record seventh time.Having labelled his team weak and inconsistent after the loss to Osasuna, the Barça captain struck a more positive tone in his post-match interview here, saying the team felt more confident for their Champions League last-16 second leg with Napoli.“Today we saw something else, it was a difficult game due to the kick-off time and heat, but the team responded with a different attitude and showed great commitment,” Messi said. “We took a long hard look at ourselves from the inside which is what we needed to do. “We have not had a good season but today we took a step forward.“It’s an important step for what’s coming next.”Tags: Ansu FatiFC BarcelonaLa LigaLionel MessiOsasuna
However, Le Tissier called on Pochettino to help bring back a little stability by ending the uncertainty over his own position, despite the manager voicing his intention to carry on with his plans for the club ahead of talks with Liebherr over her long-term vision after Saturday’s 2-2 Barclays Premier League draw at Sunderland. He said: “It would have been nice for the fans to hear him come out and give his unequivocal backing, rather than a half-hearted, ‘I’ll see what it’s like in the summer and take it from there’. “But certainly things have improved. We are in the top half of the Premier League and I think a lot of fans would have accepted that at the start of the season. “There were ambitions to be a Champions League club, but I think it’s going to take a heck of a lot more money invested in the side before we can begin to think about challenging in that department.” For 30 minutes or more at the Stadium of Light, the Saints looked every inch a top-half side as they tore Gus Poyet’s men to shreds. They led 2-0 with just 31 minutes gone courtesy of goals from Jay Rodriguez and Dejan Lovren, and indeed could have been out of sight if they had taken more of the chances they created. Even after Fabio Borini had pulled one back for the home side, the visitors continued to dominate and but for keeper Vito Mannone, would have had the win wrapped up long before Adam Johnson snatched a point with a 71st-minute equaliser as the Black Cats belatedly found their feet. Skipper Lallana said: “We were brilliant in the first half, but we were disappointed not to go in [at half-time] two goals ahead. “We felt that would have knocked the stuffing out of them. They got the goal and it’s that type of ground – and they are that type of team – that, when you get a goal, it lifts everyone. “We are disappointed that we gave them the opportunity to get involved in the game because it could have been three or four in the first half. Maybe that’s something we have got to learn from going forward.” Southampton’s day was not improved by late injuries to Jose Fonte and Gaston Ramirez which resulted in both being taken to hospital. The Saints were rocked this week by the departure of executive chairman Nicola Cortese as owner Katharina Liebherr installed herself at the St Mary’s Stadium. Cortese’s exit prompted speculation that manager and close ally Mauricio Pochettino could follow, and the Argentinian’s revelation that he will assess his position at the end of the season did little to quell the uncertainty. However, amid speculation that the Italian could attempt to put together a consortium to launch a take-over attempt – Press Association Sport understands reports to that effect are wide of the mark – Lallana is adamant that none of that will affect him and his team-mates. The 25-year-old told Saints Player: “It hasn’t been a tough week, but things have happened that people might have thought would have taken our eye off the ball. “We are the same team that’s been together and we have the same manager, so we have got to fight for each other and for him, which is what we have been doing all season and the season before. Nothing has really changed. “We proved to people that we haven’t been affected and our minds are still as fresh as they ever have been, and I think that showed.” That is a view shared by former Southampton midfielder Matt Le Tissier, who is confident that changes in the boardroom will not necessarily have repercussions on the pitch. He told BBC Radio 5 Live: “I don’t see what’s happened off the field affecting what’s going on on the field at all, to be honest. “As long as the new chairman and our owner, Katharina, is true to her word and none of the players get sold in January, I don’t see any reason why we can’t finish in the top half of the table. “We have got a nice few points to the bottom half, so I see no reason why this should affect us.” Press Association Adam Lallana insists events off the field will not derail Southampton’s season.
Munich: Niko Kovac’s Bayern Munich launch their 2019/20 season as German Cup titleholders in the first round this weekend, but the traditional season curtain-raiser will be overshadowed this year by a string of scandals rocking football in Germany. While coaching prodigies Julian Nagelsmann and David Wagner make their dugout debuts for RB Leipzig and Schalke respectively, other clubs such as Chemnitzer and Hamburg are reeling from scandals involving neo-Nazis and alleged identity fraud. Borussia Dortmund kicks off proceedings with a visit to third-division side KFC Uerdingen on Friday. The match reunites 2014 World Cup winner and former Dortmund fan-favourite Kevin Grosskreutz with his old club while providing coach Lucien Favre with another opportunity to test new signings Mats Hummels, Nico Schulz and Thorgan Hazard. Favre’s spruced-up squad beat Bayern Munich 2-0 in the German Supercup last weekend to pile the pressure on last season’s league and cup winners. Bayern has been less active than Dortmund in the transfer market, and the lack of high-profile new signings prompted criticism from star striker Robert Lewandowski as the club chases Manchester City winger Leroy Sane. Ahead of Bayern’s trip to fourth-tier side Energie Cottbus on Monday, the heat is already on perennially under-fire coach Kovac. Nagelsmann’s RB Leipzig travel to Osnabrueck on Sunday after Wagner’s Schalke visit Drochtersen/Assel on Saturday.Crisis-hit Schalke Former Huddersfield Town manager Wagner is hoping to breathe new life into crisis-stricken Schalke, but his preparations have been overshadowed by a racism scandal involving club chairman Clemens Toennies. Toennies, 63, stepped down for three months on Tuesday following widespread outrage over comments he made about Africa during a speech last week. Schalke are not the only German club to have been hit by a racism scandal recently. On Monday, third-tier side Chemnitzer sacked the first-team captain Daniel Frahn over his alleged association with far-right fan groups. Frahn’s dismissal was the latest episode in a long-running controversy over neo-Nazis in the Chemnitzer fanbase, and according to Bild newspaper, police fear that far-right fans may stage protests during Sunday’s cup clash with Hamburg. Second-division Hamburg are themselves engulfed in a media scandal after doubts were raised over the identity of their Gambian midfielder Bakery Jatta. Bild newspaper claimed Jatta, who reportedly came to Germany as a refugee in 2015, entered the country under a false identity, changing his name and claiming to be two-and-a-half years younger than he really was so that he could register as a minor. Bayern Munich won the German Cup on penalties last year.Hamburg is reeling from an identity fraud involving Bakery Jatta from Gambia.Borussia Dortmund defeated Bayern Munich in the Super Cup last week. For all the Latest Sports News News, Football News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. highlights
The Latest: 2020 CBI canceled amid coronavirus concerns The director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases told a congressional committee Wednesday that he would recommend the NBA not allow fans at games in response to the coronavirus.That answer by Dr. Anthony Fauci came hours before NBA owners are scheduled to meet to discuss the next steps in responding to the growing concern about the virus.Fauci was responding to a question from Rep. Glenn Grothman, a Wisconsin Republican, during a meeting of the House Oversight Committee. Grothman asked, “Is the NBA underreacting or is the Ivy League overreacting?” He was referencing how the Ivy League recently canceled its basketball tournaments, instead of having them played without fans in attendance or keeping the status quo.“We would recommend that there not be large crowds,” Fauci said. “If that means not having any people in the audience when the NBA plays, so be it. But as a public health official, anything that has crowds is something that would give a risk to spread.” Associated Press March 11, 2020 Organizers of the College Basketball Invitational, widely known as the CBI, say they’ve decided to cancel this year’s event because of the “uncertainty about the coronavirus and the impact it is having on college campuses across the country.”The tournament is played at campus sites for teams that aren’t invited to the NCAA Tournament or the NIT.The statement issued Wednesday says officials look forward to bringing back the CBI in 2021.___1 p.m. Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the coronavirus outbreak’s affect on sports around the globe (all times EDT):1:20One of college basketball’s postseason invitational tournaments has been canceled.