Share:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window) Stock image by Rusty Clark / CC BY 2.0 LAKEWOOD – A 34-year-old Jamestown man is facing charges after allegedly fleeing police responding to a shoplifting incident at the Lakewood Walmart this week.Lakewood-Busti Police say Joshua Warner fled the superstore on foot just before 11 p.m. on Tuesday.Officers say Warner was later located and placed into custody.During their investigation police allegedly discovered a hypodermic instrument and multiple stolen items from the store in his possession. Warner is charged with petit larceny and criminally possessing a hypodermic instrument.Police say he was later released with an appearance ticket and is schedule to appear in Town of Busti Court at a later date.
FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Hurriyet Daily News:The Karapinar Solar Energy Plant, being built on a 20-million-square-meter land in the Central Anatolian province of Konya, has started generating power nearly three years ahead of its completion, according to a company official.“We will complete the construction of this facility in 32 months. Solar panels with a capacity of 1,300 megawatts will be established. The works will be completed by May or June 2023. We will generate 2.6 million kilowatt-hours [kWh] of power annually when it’s completed,” said Kalyon Holding Energy Group executive Murtaza Ata yesterday. “We’re at the largest solar power plant built by an investor on a single parcel of land in the world. This is a sunlight valley,” Ata told Demirören News Agency.So far, 10,200 of the planned 3.5 million solar panels have been installed in the field, according to Ata, who also said that 4 MW of power is being transferred to the national grid after Energy and Natural Resources Ministry officials gave the final approvals last weekend.The amount of power generated will increase gradually as the construction gathers pace with the installation of 104,000 solar panels in a month, he added.The $1 billion Karapınar solar energy facility was constructed by Kalyon Holding in collaboration with China Electronics Technology Group Corporation (CETC).More: Turkey’s giant solar field commences power generation First power from 1.3GW Karapinar solar farm begins flowing into Turkish electric grid
NORWICH (WBNG) — It’s been more than a year since Chenango County rolled out the ability to text 911 in the event of an emergency. Now, they’re saying the texting feature has been successful, and they have other ideas to make calling 911 more efficient. “Call 911 if you can, text if you can’t,” said Jones. Chenango County dispatch only received 32 emergency reports via text message over the course of one year. Despite the lack of texts, officials say the service is working just as it should. To combat this, Chenango County is introducing a solution to help both caller and dispatcher. While the texting feature is a high tech addition, officials say there are still a few drawbacks. “Overall, it is working well for us, we’re getting the expected response from it, which is very low, believe it or not, it’s actually a good thing,” said A. Wesley Jones, chief dispatcher for Chenango County. “Don’t use abbreviations, just talk in a normal conversation, give us all the info we can. It does take a lot longer to process those calls than it would a voice call, which is why it should only be used in certain situations,” said Jones. According to dispatch officials, you should only text 911 if you have a disability or if you feel your life is threatened by making a phone call. “We have a system called smart911.com. People can go on there and create a profile, and when they do that, we already have their information they want us to know. Where they live, what their ailment might be, whatever the case might be, and then we can use that information to speed the call up,” said Jones. If you’d like to signup for smart911, head over to the website.
The Umbrella Academy will return for season 3. Netflix has renewed the superhero series — based on the comic book series of the same name by former My Chemical Romance frontman Gerard Way and Brazilian illustrator Gabriel Bá — for a third season, over three months after the release of the second season. Production will begin on The Umbrella Academy season 3 in February 2021 in Toronto, Canada, where the first two seasons were also filmed. The Umbrella Academy season 3 will be made up of 10 hour-long episodes, as was the case with the first two seasons.Review: Umbrella Academy Season 2 Is a Better Second Try, but Not Enough- Advertisement – On Tuesday, the official Netflix and The Umbrella Academy accounts simultaneously tweeted the series’ season 3 renewal. Netflix wrote: “They’re not done yet! The Umbrella Academy Season 3 is officially happening!” while the show’s tweet said: “Oh my god! We’re back! Again! It’s official. Production for S3 of The Umbrella Academy begins in February.” An hour and a half later, The Umbrella Academy star Justin H. Min revealed season 3 would be filmed in Toronto.In addition to Min, returning stars on The Umbrella Academy season 3 include Ellen Page, Tom Hopper, David Castañeda, Emmy Raver-Lampman, Robert Sheehan, Aidan Gallagher, Ritu Arya, and Colm Feore. Behind the scenes, The Umbrella Academy creator Steve Blackman will continue as showrunner, and executive producer alongside director Jeff F. King, Mike Richardson, Keith Goldberg, and Jesse McKeown. Way and Bá are co-executive producers.[SPOILER ALERT FOR SEASON 2] On The Umbrella Academy season 3, the Hargreeves foster siblings will most likely need to deal with the fallout of their time-travelling actions. At the end of season 2, they discovered that their presence in the 1960s had created an altered present day, in which the Umbrella Academy was never established by their adoptive billionaire father. Instead, he created the Sparrow Academy, which is made up of different individuals except for Ben (Min) who’s alive in this timeline and is the leader of the Sparrow Academy as Number One.- Advertisement – – Advertisement –
More from newsFor under $10m you can buy a luxurious home with a two-lane bowling alley5 Apr 2017Military and railway history come together on bush block24 Apr 2019The property at 85 Fallon Street, Everton Park.Mr Rowland put the strong result down to a combination of the fact that it was a large block, that it had potential for good city views if the new buyer built up, and that the block could be split into three.“We got a town planner to have a look at it to get an idea of what we can do. Subsequently, the developer is splitting it into three blocks. It’s going through council now. It sold six months ago, but settlement went through this month,” Mr Rowland said.He said thinking outside the box had paid off for the owners.“If we didn’t look at that three-way split, it would have sold for about $950,000,” Mr Rowland said. The most expensive home sold in Fallon St previously was a 607sq m block for $715,000 in July last year. The 1960s home was elevated to capture city views. It also had alfresco decks, a pool and multiple living areas. So far, including the most recent sale, 29 homes on the street have sold for more than $400,000, according to CoreLogic property records. Fourteen of those recorded sales were above $500,000, four were above $600,000, two were above $700,000, and one – 85 Fallon St – was above $1 million. 85 Fallon Street, Everton Park.A Brisbane home landed about $200,000 more than expected after advice that its two blocks had the potential to be split into three.The 1225sq m property at 85 Fallon St, Everton Park, has settled for $1.15 million after a six-month contract.Agent Tristan Rowland, of Place Aspley, had marketed the property as “the best splitter block to be offered in years” that was “just begging to be reconfigured to three lots”.
GREENSBURG, Ind. – The Indiana Department of Transportation is working to make travel safer at a Greensburg intersection.INDOT plans to install left-turn signals at the intersection of State Road 3 and Carver Street as a safety improvement measure.Once installed, motorists traveling both north and south on S.R. 3 will be required to wait for a “green arrow” before turning left onto Carver Street.Between 2011 and 2013, there were nine personal injury accidents and fatality that occurred at the intersection.INDOT officials anticipate signal technicians could be on site as soon as this week to install and activate the new turn signals.
Batesville, IN—The Batesville Youth Football Board is currently preparing for the 2020 season. The Board will continue to keep the safety of the players, coaches, parents, and fans our top priority while making decisions. Please watch for updates regarding registration as we await guidelines set forth for the upcoming season. The Board sends many thanks for your patience and understanding and as always, Go Dogs!
Villas-Boas refused to discuss Bale’s future on Saturday, however he insists the £80million-rated winger will be training again after Tottenham have returned to England. “He is going to be fit to join the team for training on Wednesday,” he said. “There is a big possibility he could be fit for Monaco. “He hasn’t done any training with the team yet but in all of the pre-season friendlies we had before he was involved. “We are confident he will be able to join us.” But, quizzed repeatedly about Bale’s future, Villas-Boas fell back on the same phrase. “I won’t comment on anything. I am so sorry,” he said. “I can’t speak about speculation.” How long that situation lasts is open to debate. Speculation will probably go on longer than the arguments over the surface, which Villas-Boas insisted was only playable due to the work of his own groundsman, Darren Baldwin. In Hong Kong as a matter of course as Villas-Boas prefers to have his own groundsman look at every surface Spurs play on, Baldwin was supposed to return home on Thursday. However, once it became obvious today’s matches would not take place without some dramatic work following Wednesday’s deluge, Baldwin stayed on. “The game only went ahead because our groundsman did great work for the Premier League,” he said. “He deserves massive credit for allowing the tournament to continue. I hope the Premier League repay him in some way.” Manchester United have already cancelled their planned open training session on Sunday and with heavy rain falling during Manchester City’s encounter with Sunderland, there is extreme doubt Monday’s friendly with Kitchee FC will take place. At least Jermain Defoe had a good night, netting a hat-trick after being selected as a lone front-man in the absence of an alternative, supported by Clint Dempsey. “I enjoy playing in that position,” said Defoe. “The prospect of more strikers being brought in doesn’t bother me. In fact I would welcome it because we needed one last season.” Bale was again a spectator in Hong Kong as Tottenham recorded a 6-0 Barclays Asia Cup thrashing of South China. The Welshman has failed to recover from a buttock injury, although conspiracy theorists point to the timing of his absence, which has coincided with intense speculation about a bid from Real Madrid. Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas has confirmed he expects Gareth Bale to be back in training on Wednesday and could be in line to face Monaco at the weekend. Press Association
Jamshedpur: Indian Super League (ISL) outfit Jamshedpur FC on Wednesday announced the signing of 18-year-old defender Narender Gahlot from I-League side Indian Arrows for the upcoming season. The youngster penned a deal for a term of three years with the Jharkhand- based side. At the age of 18, Narender made headlines for being a part of the 35-man preliminary Indian squad for the upcoming Intercontinental Cup by coach Igor Stimac. IANS Also Read: Jamshedpur FC end ISL campaign with a big victory
THE stage is set for tonight’s grand finale of the first-ever Kings Basketball Club’s 4×4 Under-18 championship, which is organised by the Linden Amateur Basketball Association (LABA) and requires three male players and one female player to be on the court at any given time.The national winners of the Under-18 3×3 championship, Victory Valley Royals, have played impressively to reach the semi-final as the top team following their four wins and sole loss to Kings.They are led by the core players from the 3×3 format which they won through Emmanuel Larose, Kobe Tappin, Omar Green and Delroy Belle while they have now includeed females Cliffanna Hunter and Rasheba Carroll.They face the challenge of the Kings team who defeated them in the preliminary round but despite that result they should get past their opponents.The Kings have in their lineup Neil Marks (Jr), Jaden Rose, Ming Wong and Lemuel Wilson and former national standout female player Nichola Jacobs and Andre Smith included.The other semi-final features Kwakwani teams A and B, who finished second and third respectively.Notably making a return to the sport is Shakeila Sampson, who donned national colours at the junior and senior levels, and another national Kenesha Leacock, as they join with the Titan Bowl Most Valuable Under-16 player Hosea Conway, along with Hansel John, Elijah David and Huon Bethune.Their A team opponents have female players Attala Rose and Shania Sears along with male players Tyrese Conway, Trevor Garraway and Travis Lewis, who are likely to give a good account of themselves.However, there will be junior an East versus West basketball game from 19:00hrs. The first semifinal takes place at 20:00hrs followed by the second semifinal, ahead of the final.