Charles to replace Darren Bravo

first_img Warm-up matches Full match schedule Super 10 Group 1 matches Wednesday, March 16: vs England – Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai Sunday, March 20: vs Sri Lanka – M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore Friday, March 25: vs South Africa – Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Nagpur Sunday, March 27: vs Qualifier 1B – Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Nagpurcenter_img Thursday, March 10: vs India – Eden Garden, Kolkata Sunday, March 13: vs Australia – Eden Garden, Kolkata ST JOHN’S, Antigua: Johnson Charles has been named to replace Darren Bravo in the West Indies squad for the ICC World Twenty20 Championship. The tournament will be played in India from March 8 to April 3. The 27-year-old Charles is a top-order batsman who can also keep wicket. He is also an occasional medium-pace bowler. He has represented the West Indies in 23 T20 Internationals so far, and was member of the team which won the ICC World T20 in Sri Lanka in 2012. During that tournament, he was Man of the Match against England with a match-winning 84 at Pallekele in the quarter-finals. The West Indies are due to arrive in Kolkata on March 7 ahead of the tournament. They will have official warm-up matches against India on Thursday, March 10, and against Australia on Sunday, March 13. West Indies have been drawn in Group 1 of the Super 10 stage, where they will play alongside England, South Africa, Sri Lanka, and one of the qualifiers from the first round. Squad: Darren Sammy (captain), Samuel Badree, Sulieman Benn, Carlos Brathwaite, Dwayne Bravo, Johnson Charles, Andre Fletcher, Chris Gayle, Jason Holder, Ashley Nurse, Denesh Ramdin, Andre Russell, Marlon Samuels, Lendl Simmons, Jerome Taylor.last_img read more

IRISH WATER SAYS IT WILL MEET WITH CHURCHILL RESIDENTS OVER ‘BROWN WATER’

first_imgIrish Water has reassured fed-up residents in the Churchill area that it is working towards fixing their water issues.The bottled water on the right and the tapster on the left as shown in the baby’s bottles.Residents contacted Donegal Daily to say they simply cannot use the water in the area because it is unfit for human consumption.The local water supply, which is run off a Private Water Scheme, has resulted in the water regularly turning brown. Locals say they simply cannot bath children or give them water to drink.Instead hundreds of householders are being forced to spend an average of €1,000 on bottled water.But now Irish Water say there is light at the end of the tunnel for the residents.A spokesman told us that they are now working to take over the local water scheme. “The Churchill Group Water Scheme is a collection of private water schemes.“At the request of the Churchill Group Water Scheme Committee, Irish Water is working through a process with the Committee to enable the take over of the scheme by Irish Water.“Engagement is ongoing with both parties working to have the Scheme taken over as soon as possible,” said a spokesman.IRISH WATER SAYS IT WILL MEET WITH CHURCHILL RESIDENTS OVER ‘BROWN WATER’ was last modified: September 15th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Churchilldonegalgroup schemesIrish Waterlast_img read more

Trapping sense

first_imgShare Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest My most fragrant weekend ever occurred when I worked for the Columbus-based Sportsmen’s Alliance, at the time called the Wildlife Legislative Fund of America. The pro-trapping organization had me man an exhibit booth at the annual National Trappers Association convention at a county fairgrounds in Indiana, where I shared a long, hot September weekend with dozens of trappers displaying their home-brewed scents inside a poorly ventilated, oversized Quonset hut. After two 10-hour days confined with that crew and their pungent wares, it took multiple washings to get the stank of castor-based concoctions out of the clothes I wore, and even my car’s interior retained the scent for more than a week afterward. To this day, the slightest hint of skunk takes me back to those fragrant fairgrounds.Similar scents, albeit less-concentrated than those I endured, may be on the breeze at the Holmes County fairgrounds early this month, during the annual gathering of Ohio State Trappers Association members in Millersburg. The event is open to the public and offers the chance to see professional trappers in action as they lead talks on various techniques that are used for maintaining a sense of balance in Ohio’s furbearer populations. Ohio State Trappers conveneThe 2017 Ohio State Trappers Association Convention will be held September 8-9 at the Holmes County Fairgrounds, 8880 OH Route 39, in Millersburg.  The event and programs are open to the public, and adults pay a $5 entry fee. Kid’s events and an outdoor flea market are ongoing, with an auction held Saturday night. Here is the schedule of demonstrations and their presenters:Friday, Sept. 88 a.m. — Jake Meadows, Fox Trapping9 a.m. — Dave and Karen Linkhart, Team Trapping10 a.m. — Glenn Witchey, Raccoon & Coyote Trapping11 a.m. — Charlie Pierce, Mink TrappingNoon — Butch Barhorst, Coyote Trapping1 p.m. — Dirk Schearer, Nuisance Trapping2 p.m. — Dave Rodgers, K9s and Bobcats3 p.m. — Scott Welch, Trapline Troubleshooting4 p.m. — Harry Kinnison, DP Traps Saturday, Sept. 98 a.m. — Jim Cundiff, Coyote Trapping9 a.m. — Doug Lee, Muskrat Trapping10 a.m. — Jason Webster, Raccoon Trapping11 a.m. — Jeff Robinson, K9 and Bobcat TrappingNoon — Robby Gilbert, Coyote Trapping1 p.m. —  Keith Daniels, Turtle Trapping/Processing2 p.m. — Dave Muir, Trap Regs/Legal Trap Mods3 p.m. — Hal Sullivan, Beaver Trapping4 p.m. — Sam Luther, GinsengFor more information on the annual convention, visit ohiostatetrlast_img read more

NESO to hold protest marches against Citizenship Amendment Bill in all northeastern States

first_imgThe North East Students’ Organisation (NESO) on Sunday announced that it will hold protest marches against the proposed Citizenship (Amendment) Bill (CAB) across all the States in the region on Monday.All Assam Students’ Union (AASU), which is a major constituent of the NESO, and other seven member organisations will hold their demonstrations in front of the respective Raj Bhavans in all the States.“Through each Governor, the protesters will submit memorandums to the Prime Minister and Home Minister against the bill, which is strictly against the indigenous people of the region,” a NESO release said.“North East is not a dustbin of illegal Bangladeshi people. Under no circumstances, the CAB will be accepted. Our protest against the anti-indigenous CAB will continue,” the statement said.The BJP is bringing in the CAB only to garner votes of the illegal Bangladeshis and the ruling party is going ahead with the decision on the CAB on the back of their numbers in Parliament, it alleged.The member organisations of the NESO are AASU, KSU, GSU, AMSU, NSF, TSF, AAPSU and MZP.The Citizenship (Amendment) Bill had been passed in Lok Sabha on January 8 but lapsed later as it could not be placed in Rajya Sabha.The CAB seeks to grant citizenship to Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, Parsis and Christians from Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Pakistan after six years of stay in the country even if they do not possess proper documents.last_img read more