Rockingham Canal House in Bellows Falls, Vermont, sold to NH developer

first_img-30- Vermont Housing Finance Agency announced today the selection of Paul Stewart, President of Stewart Property Management, Bedford, NH, as the new owner of Rockingham Canal House in Bellows Falls. The historic building, a former hotel built in the 1870s, will also be an example of how important housing preservation is to the larger strategy of providing affordable housing.”Paul Stewart has almost 40 years of experience in affordable housing, and he’s been managing the Canal Street building since last fall, so we’re confident he has the background and skills necessary to make this property a showpiece,” said VHFA Executive Director Sarah Carpenter.Stewart, who served with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development from 1971 to 1985, including serving as Director of Housing Development, founded his company in 1988. Stewart Property Management provides affordable housing in Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts, managing 109 properties. The company also provides development consulting services.Stewart, who also serves on the Board of Directors for the Northern New Hampshire Housing Investment Fund and is a member of the Loan Committee for the New Hampshire Community Loan Fund, said he plans to make a significant investment in Rockingham Canal House.”This is an opportunity to revitalize a building that is in need of rehabilitation and bring it back to first-class condition,” Stewart said. “It’s an important part of the Village of Bellows Falls, and it provides affordable housing for the 44 people who live there.””Housing is a precious resource,” Stewart said. “We need to use the tools we have to make sure the affordable housing we have stays affordable, and that we maintain it in safe, decent condition.”VHFA was created by the Vermont Legislature in 1974 to finance and promote affordable housing opportunities for low- and moderate-income Vermonters. Since then, VHFA has helped approximately 26,500 Vermont households with affordable mortgages and financed the development of 7,700 affordable rental units.Source: VHFA, June 23, 2009last_img read more

Popular renovator lands over $500K amid high demand by downsizers

first_img12 Alicia St Nundah. Picture: SuppliedA THREE bedroom renovator in Brisbane’s middle ring was so popular two buyers were waiting in the wings in case the deal fell over.Real estate agent Julie Cameron of @Realty said the home at 12 Alicia Street, Nundah, sold for $570,000, with the area in high demand amid rapid gentrification and popularity with downsizers. 12 Alicia Street, Nundah sold for $570,000.Her most recent Nundah sale at 12 Alicia Street was a three bedroom, one bathroom, three car space home, which was in a quiet cul-de-sac.The brick post war home was on a level 607sqm block with 15.8m frontage and 40.1m length, and zoned low medium residential density. 12 Alicia St Nundah.“It was a good result because it’s a renovator but it’s in a good suburb and 607sq m,” she said. “It’s got quite a lot of potential for development. The buyer plans to fully renovate it, extend and move in.”Ms Cameron said they had five offers hovering around the mid $500,000s, two of whom were “waiting for it to fall over”.More from newsFor under $10m you can buy a luxurious home with a two-lane bowling alley5 Apr 2017Military and railway history come together on bush block24 Apr 2019 12 Alicia Street, Nundah.“In Nundah you have the older folks moving out and younger ones moving in. It’s part of a trend, a little bit like Hendra was years ago. Hendra was always the poorer suburb, with older character homes, a little bit of snobbishness against it from Ascot and the like, and now they’re achieving over $1M. That’s gone through the roof.“I can see Banyo, Nudgee, Virginia and the like starting. I get $400,000 for a 400sq m block in those areas now – that was unheard of two or three years ago. It all boils down to supply and demand.” 12 Alicia Street, Nundah.“We had a tenant in there who didn’t want to move out because they loved it.”The buyer agreed to wait 60 days for the tenants to move out with the deal settling last week.Ms Cameron said she was seeing a rush of buyers looking for properties in the Nundah area.last_img read more

Roger Federer ‘devastated’ as Wimbledon is cancelled due to coronavirus crisis

first_imgRoger Federer is ‘devastated’ after it was announced that Wimbledon has been cancelled this year due to the coronavirus crisis, the first time the event has been cancelled since World War II. Loading… ‘How many more times can Roger Federer realistically try to win Wimbledon?’ Croft questioned. ‘And if the French Open does take place later in the year, that benefits Nadal more than anybody potentially. ‘And then you look at Serena and her best chance to win another Slam is on the grass courts at Wimbledon so that affects her as well. She is now 38 and has started a family.’ An All England Club statement on Wednesday confirmed: ‘It is with great regret that the Main Board of the All England Club (AELTC) and the Committee of Management of The Championships have today decided that The Championships 2020 will be cancelled due to public health concerns linked to the coronavirus epidemic. Read Also:Coronavirus: Wimbledon 2020 cancelled for the first time since WWII ‘Uppermost in our mind has been the health and safety of all of those who come together to make Wimbledon happen – the public in the UK and visitors from around the world, our players, guests, members, staff, volunteers, partners, contractors, and local residents – as well as our broader responsibility to society’s efforts to tackle this global challenge to our way of life. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Huge swathes of sport across the globe have been postponed or cancelled as the coronavirus outbreak continues, but there had been hope that Wimbledon, scheduled to start on 29 June, would go ahead. However, it was announced on Wednesday afternoon that the London tournament has been cancelled for 2020 and will not return until next year. The eight-times champion simply tweeted one word after the announcement was made: ‘Devastated.’ Before the announcement was made, former British number one Annabel Croft stated her belief that cancellation would be bad news for ageing legends Federer and Serena Williams.Advertisement Promoted Content7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The UniverseWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Can Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?The Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them13 kids at weddings who just don’t give a hoot10 Largest Cities In The World7 Truly Incredible Facts About Black Holes10 Of The Best Places Around The World To Go Stargazing5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterTop 10 Nations That Are Most Difficult To Invadelast_img read more