The International Cricket Council on Monday barred electronic media from covering the remaining matches of the cricket World Cup, including the high voltage India-Pakistan semi final in Mohali on Wednesday, for breaching the media guidelines.An ICC spokesman said that non-rights holders will no longer be allowed to cover the practice session or the press conferences related to World Cup for not adhering to the code of conduct and the media guidelines, which they had signed for accreditation.The spokesman said, this will be applicable to both the semifinals in Colombo and Mohali and the final in Mumbai.ESPN-StarSports has the broadcast rights for the World Cup.The non-rights holder (NRH) were given time till tonight to give an undertaking that they will abide by the terms and conditions for media accrediatation, failing which they would be disallowed to cover the event.An ICC source said there has been number of broadcast violations during the entire tournament and they have repeatedly brought it to the notice of the offenders but despite the warning they continued to breach the guidelines, promoting the game’s governing body to take stern action.The first semifinal of the WC between Sri Lanka and New Zealand will be held in Colombo tomorrow while the high-octane second semifinal between traditional rivals India and Pakistan is scheduled to be here on Wednesday.The final will be held in Mumbai on April 2.- With PTI inputs
Addressing the setting of the Council earlier in the day, Mayor of Kingston, Senator Councillor Delroy Williams, said the prohibition is a temporary measure and is being implemented to regulate the use of the areas. Story Highlights Representatives from the Kingston and St. Andrew Municipal Corporation (KSAMC) will be meeting with party promoters on Tuesday (April 9) regarding the decision to ban the staging of entertainment events at parking lots in New Kingston. He noted that in some instances, persons use the parking lots without the requisite amusement approvals or authorisation from the municipality. Representatives from the Kingston and St. Andrew Municipal Corporation (KSAMC) will be meeting with party promoters on Tuesday (April 9) regarding the decision to ban the staging of entertainment events at parking lots in New Kingston.Addressing the setting of the Council earlier in the day, Mayor of Kingston, Senator Councillor Delroy Williams, said the prohibition is a temporary measure and is being implemented to regulate the use of the areas.He noted that in some instances, persons use the parking lots without the requisite amusement approvals or authorisation from the municipality.“We will continue to support the creative industries but must do so with order. We have to ensure that there is a standard and protocols established for dealing with the use and clean-up. We have to establish conditions, and the promoters have to agree to that… and abide by what they agree to (or) we just can’t do it,” he said.Senator Williams said that the objective of the municipality is to bring order to the process and ensure effective monitoring of the parking lots, especially on weekends.“There is no 24-hour security at the parking lots, so people just turn up like a Saturday night or Sunday night and they use the parking lot for an event and we wake Monday morning to hear that an event was held,” he pointed out.“It’s generally an order issue, so it is (the) clean-up issue. It’s also the time when you do it, and that you are adhering to said times… . It is an issue of structure and order. We have to do these things but do it in a particular way that takes into consideration all the different factors,” he added.Senator Williams said after the meeting, “I’m very sure that we will have a structure to move forward; a structure that is agreed to by all.”The temporary prohibition was announced recently by the municipality.
TORONTO – Home Capital Group Inc. reported net a income of $30.6 million in its most recent quarter, about 40 per cent less than it earned in the same quarter last year before it was hit with allegations it misled investors.The Toronto-based mortgage lender’s fourth-quarter income in the period ending Dec. 31 amounted to diluted earnings of 38 cents per share.That compares to a net income of $50.7 million and diluted earnings of 79 cents per share in the same quarter last year.Fourth-quarter revenue amounted to $109.5 million, down from $144.6 million in the similar quarter a year ago, but ahead of Thomson Reuters estimates of $86.5 million.CEO Yousry Bissada said in a statement late Wednesday that Home Capital is entering 2018 with positive momentum in its business and expects to grow from here.“We have demonstrated progress towards growing our residential and commercial business lines to more normal and sustainable levels and our employees delivered improved service,” he said.It’s been a tumultuous year for the Toronto-based mortgage lender after allegations it was misleading shareholders prompted a run on deposits by customers last April.By June, the company agreed to pay $29.5 million to settle a class-action lawsuit and a matter before the Ontario Securities Commission concerning the allegations.But last fall the company was still facing elevated expenses because of the scrutiny, as it cut 65 jobs and sold of segments of its business amid the departure of several executives.More recently, separate lawsuits by a short seller and West Face Capital Inc. were launched against Home Capital and three former executives, both alleging the lender’s public disclosure was inaccurate and misleading.Companies in this story: (TSX:HCG)Note to readers: CORRECTS lede to say net income was 40 per cent less than last year’s fourth quarter results
JUNEAU, Alaska — The Juneau Arts and Humanities Council has changed the theme of its annual fashion show following a complaint by Alaska Airlines.The Juneau Empire reports the Wearable Art show scheduled for mid-February in Alaska’s capital changed its theme of turbulence to tailwind.The Seattle-based airline, a sponsor of the event, suggested the change, citing the word’s negative connection to air travel.Council executive director Nancy DeCherney says board members and the airline felt the theme change was a positive decision.DeCherney says the art pieces for the show are not required to match the theme, noting there will probably be items still referencing turbulence.___Information from: Juneau (Alaska) Empire, http://www.juneauempire.comThe Associated Press
ALGIERS – One survivor was found on Tuesday from the crash of an Algerian military aircraft which had more than 100 people on board, an emergency services official told state radio.“We have found a survivor and the search continues,” Colonel Farid Nechad said, without giving further details.The C-130 Hercules aircraft, which crashed in the mountainous Oum El Bouaghi region in northeastern Algeria, was carrying 99 passengers — soldiers and their families — as well as four crew members, a security source told AFP. The source had said earlier that all on board had perished.The plane was travelling from the desert garrison town of Tamanrasset in the deep south to the city of Constantine, east of the capital, and lost contact with the control tower just as it was beginning its descent.Preliminary reports indicated that poor weather was to blame, with heavy snow and strong winds sweeping the region in recent days, according to national media.
The Croatian player believes the English media underestimated his country before the 2018 FIFA World Cup Semi-Final in RussiaCroatia and England met in the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia in the Semi-Final round.There, Kieran Trippier opened up the scoreboard in favor of the Three Lions, but then Ivan Perisic and Mario Mandzukic gave the Croatians a ticket to the final.“When I said that after the game it was not meant to be about the players or the head coach but more in regards to some media and commentary that we read and watched,” the Real Madrid midfielder told Sky Sports.Mourinho: “Lionel Messi made me a better coach” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Jose Mourinho believes the experience of going up against Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi at Real Madrid made him a greater coach.“We felt a little bit disrespected and not enough recognition we thought we deserved.”“It was a little bit of extra motivation for the team, not that we needed any for a World Cup semi-final. That’s how I felt,” he added.“Is it a problem for England? That’s something you need to answer for yourself and analyze.”
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI, October 7, 2016 – Today the TCI Government sent out an invitation to all media houses to come be a part of and capture the 2016 National Honor and Awards Ceremony, which will be held on October 10th on the Parade Grounds, Grand Turk, at 10:00 a.m. Here is a list of the awards and the nominees:THE ORDER OF TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS – For service with distinction in any field of disciplineBasden, Marjorie, Mrs.Pratt, Sybil Ianthe, Mrs.THE PATRIOTIC AWARDCAYOS MEDAL – For demonstration of a keen sense of national consciousness and for rendering exceptional sacrificial service to the islands and the peopleBrooks-Clare, Elaine, Mrs.Coalbrooke, Juanita S., Mrs.Robinson Austin Mr. OBEScott-Williams, Delphine I., Mrs.THE LONG SERVICE MEDAL – For outstanding and exemplary public service to the islands and its people for a minimum period of twenty yearsAriza, Aswaldo M, Mr.Burton, Beatrice Ms.Durham, Kathleen, Mrs.Forbes, Elaine, Mrs.Gardiner, Enos, Mr.Gardiner Walter Snr., Mr.Houseman, Valeria, Mrs.Johnson, Lamuel, Mr.Jolly, Lillian, Mrs.Lightbourne, Claudius, Inspector.Mills, Debby-Lee, Ms.Mills, Madeline Ms.Misick, Charles W, The Hon.Outten, Carolyn Jean Mrs.Robinson, Aldora Mrs.Saunders, Norman W. HonSimmons, Sarah, Mrs.Skippings, Oswald O. Hon.Smith, Claudia Mrs.Swann, Susan Mrs.Taylor, Hugh Derek Hon.Taylor, Olga Mrs.Williams, Valeria Beatrice Ms.Wilson, Almaida V. Mrs.Wynns, Kathleen Mahalia Ms.THE MERITORIOUS SERVICE MEDAL – For sacrificial and meritorious service in a field of service that is inherently challenging or for a brave or humane act in the islands or abroadForbes, Mary, Mrs.Malcolm, Hugh Dr.Williams-Gibbs, Ethlyn, Mrs.Williams, Norean Mrs.NATIONAL YOUNG ACHIEVER’S MEDAL – For Turks and Caicos Islanders between the ages of twelve and twenty-five years who has performed exceptionally well on a national, regional or international level in the areas of culture, academics, performing arts and sports among othersClare, William Jude Duval, Mr.Forbes, Sanadia A.,Hillaire Darron Jr. Mr.Simmons, Dekkel, Mr.Simmons, Angel, Ms.Williams, Natalia Ms.Williams, Shanice Ms. Related Items:2016 honor and awards ceremony tci
Dan Cohen AUTHOR The inventory system DOD uses to report on its leased assets contains inaccurate and incomplete data, encumbering its ability to fully determine the number, size and costs of its leases for real property, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) concluded in a recent report.“The total amount is not entirely known, but it’s likely to be substantial,” Brian Lepore, the agency’s director of defense capabilities and management issues, told Federal News Radio.The agency found that about 15 percent of the lease records in the Real Property Assets Database for fiscal 2011 and 10 percent of the records for FY 2013 were inaccurate. In some cases, DOD recorded the rent for a facility as being higher than the total combined cost of rent, utilities and parking.Most of these errors were in the lease records for the Army, which manages about 80 percent of the leased assets records in the database; however, the Army is aware of these issues and is taking steps to correct future data. GAO also found that the database did not include about 5 percent of the Army’s lease records for FY 2011 and FY 2013.“There is some concern about the reliability of the data,” Lepore said.Furthermore, GAO found that the database does not contain a data element for the square footage for leases in which there are multiple tenants occupying space in the same building, as is the case for some Washington Headquarters Service leases.At one facility, two DOD activities shared about 30,000 square feet of leased space, but the database listed each organization as occupying the entire space, doubling the amount of space listed in the records.Lepore said some people may see this as “nitpicky, but it’s really important for effective financial management to have a good handle on what you are paying to run your operation, and in the absence of that, it’s hard to make really good, effective decisions.”To improve the accuracy and completeness of the data in DOD’s Real Property Assets Database (RPAD), GAO recommended that the Army enforce DOD guidance which states that for multiple assets associated with a single lease, the military departments and the Washington Headquarters Service must provide a breakout of the annual rent plus other costs for each asset on the lease, to avoid overstating costs associated with such leases.The congressional watchdog agency also recommended DOD modify its Real Property Information Model to include a data element to capture the square footage for each lease of space in a single building and also make a corresponding change to its guidance to require that the square footage for each individual lease be reported when multiple leases exist for a single building, to avoid overstating the total square footage assigned to each lease in RPAD.
WILMINGTON, MA — Eddie A. Sanchez, age 70, of Wilmington, MA, formerly of Guam, passed away unexpectedly at home on February 9, 2019.Eddie proudly worked as a Civil Engineer for the United States Air Force for over 30 years.Eddie was the beloved husband of Bertha (Dungca) Sanchez of Wilmington, devoted father of Junior Salas & wife Patricia of Colorado, Peter Sanchez & wife Sharon of Hawaii, Franklin Salas & wife Cassandra of Texas, Shirley DeLucia & husband Chris of Wilmington, Ricky Sanchez of Guam and John Mark Sanchez & wife Marquesa of Wilmington. Cherished son of Maria (Agoun) Sanchez and the late Joaquin Sanchez of Guam, Loving “Papa” of Jonathan and Tricia Salas, Aisha Salas, Adam and Keri Palanca, Paulina, Elijah and Richard Sanchez, Natasha and Ashley Igros, Edward, Amanda, Michael and Christopher DeLucia, Kekoa Narcis and great-grandchildren Aison, Christopher and Leinani. Dear brother of Chong Engle, Frank Sanchez, Evelyn SanNicolas, Albert Sanchez, Kathy San chez and Jeffrey Sanchez. Eddie is also survived by many nieces and nephews. Eddie was also very special to his “adopted” DeLucia grandchildren that fondly knew him as “Papa”.Family and friends will gather at the Nichols Funeral Home, 187 Middlesex Ave. (Rte. 62), Wilmington, MA on Saturday, February 16th for Visitation from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. immediately followed by a Funeral Service at 12:30 p.m. Interment will follow in Wildwood Cemetery, Wilmington, MA.Eddie A. Sanchez(NOTE: The above obituary is from Nichols Funeral Home.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedOBITUARY: John “Jack” Tannian, Jr., 89In “Obituaries”OBITUARY: Stephen J. Bowker, 58In “Obituaries”OBITUARY: William J. “Bill” Wolfe, 75In “Obituaries”
SP leader Santosh PunemFacebook/Santosh PunemA Samajwadi Party (SP) leader was kidnapped and killed by Maoists in Chhattisgarh’s Bijapur district. The incident happened on Tuesday (June 18) evening. “Santosh Punem a resident of Marimalla who also worked as a contractor was abducted from his construction site in Marimalla village on Tuesday late evening,” Suderaj P, DIG (anti-Naxal operations), was quoted as saying by Hindustan Times. “The incident spot is about 15km away from the police station, deep in the jungles and we have sent a police party. We will be able to share remaining details once police party returns,” the DIG said.After Punem was kidnapped, his family pleaded with the Maoists to return him but in vain. Reports state that Punem, who also works as a contractor, was under the Maoists’ radar for quite a while before his kidnapping and subsequent death. Punem had contested for the assembly elections in Chhattisgarh last year and lost. He had again contested in the recent Lok Sabha elections. He was the vice-president of SP in Chhattisgarh’s Bastar.