Letterkenny Gardai question man about people trafficking

first_img Google+ WhatsApp Twitter Lárionad Acmhainní Nádúrtha CTR to take part in new research project By admin – September 30, 2015 Facebook Pinterest Google+ LUH still not ready to restore IT systems Facebook Previous articleMayo County Board Secretary says news of players vote was a bombshellNext articleDonegal may host conference to discuss the plight of undocumented Irish in US admin Pinterestcenter_img WhatsApp Homepage BannerNews Andrew McGinley says his children are getting him through life RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Gardaí in Letterkenny are continuing to question a man in connection with alleged people trafficking.He was arrested yesterday as part of an ongoing operation which saw six men rescued in the town last month.On the 30th of August last Gardaí found five men in a business premises on Pearse Road – they were safely removed and a sixth man located elsewhere in the town.The six range in age from 21 to 45, and are now in secure accommodation.As part of the continuing operation a man in his 40’s was arrested in Letterkenny yesterday in connection with alleged people trafficking.He’s being detained under section four of the criminal justice act and can be held for up to 24 hours.A number of bodies are involved in the investigation including Romanian Authorities and the Garda Human Trafficking Investigation and Co-ordination Unit.Inquiries are continuing. Gardai investigate deaths of two horses on the N56 Donegal retains 14 Blue Flags, Lisfannon is not restored Letterkenny Gardai question man about people trafficking Twitter Gardai investigate Castlefinn burglarylast_img read more

Update – NW Support group says event cancellation won’t effect subsidised flights for cancer…

first_img Previous articleWoman arrested in Ballyshannon in connection with Bundoran Hit and RunNext articleWoman arrested in relation to Bundoran hit-and-run released News Highland WhatsApp Update – NW Support group says event cancellation won’t effect subsidised flights for cancer patients Donegal retains 14 Blue Flags, Lisfannon is not restored Pinterest Google+ Twitter RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Gardai investigate Castlefinn burglary Facebook Today is the 30th anniversary of Eddie Fullerton’s murder Andrew McGinley says his children are getting him through life center_img By News Highland – September 12, 2013 WhatsApp News Pinterest Facebook Twitter The North West Cancer Support Group says the cancellation of its ‘Bling Ball’ at the end of this month will not effect the provision of subsidised flights from Donegal Airport to Dublin for cancer patients.In a statement on her Facebook page, organiser Mary Mc Ginley of Burtonport who founded the charity, said the lack of support has forced the decision.”It is with much disappointment we have to cancel the event. This is due to the lack of support we have received. We would like to than everyone who have paid for tickets – a refund will be sent to you,” said the statement.In a follow up statement this afternoon, Ms Mc Ginley stressed that the cancellation of the event will in no way effect cancer patients receiving subsidised air fares to Dublin, as those fares are subsidised by the HSE.Getting patients to Dublin by air has always been the group’s main priority she concludes, and will remain so. Disruption to cancer service will increase mortality – Oncologist Google+ Hospitalisations rise as Donnelly suggests masks will stay ’til autumnlast_img read more